We can pay the registration fees for 2 CEP members who would be excited to join us on Feb 26 for a day of learning at Green River Community College. See the invitation below
Hello Colleagues and Student Leaders!
Sustainability Ambassadors is partnering with key stakeholders in the watershed to bring passionate, curious and committed high school and college students to participate in the Green-Duwamish Watershed Symposium.
When: Monday, February 26, 2018 from 9:00-4:00 (All are welcome to stay for the poster session and social from 4:00-6:00)
Where: Green River Community College
What: An inspirational day of panel discussions on current projects and new research by and for those who are working on the watershed’s ecological challenges and social issues. The goal is to foster collaboration, build partnerships, and share knowledge.
Expenses Paid: Sustainability Ambassadors will cover registration fees and lunch. Students need to figure out their own transportation.
Five Expectations for Selected Student Representatives
- Agree to represent your class and your school at the Symposium.
- Available to attend a full day out of school at the Symposium on Monday, Feb 26. Commit to plan ahead, notify your teachers, and organize for any make up work.
- Bring a journal and take notes on the expert presentations that most inspire or intrigue you.
- You will be asked to make a full, professional report to the rest of your classmates later in the week. Take notes on…
- What are the ecological challenges and social issues in the Green-Duwamish Watershed?
- Who is working on them?
- What is the big organizing framework… how do all these projects fit together?
- What was most inspiring about being at the Symposium?
- How can students like me and my peers contribute ideas, energy, and solutions?
- Agree to take a short follow-up survey to share your own experience and make recommendations for future years.
REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Email Peter Donaldson: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, school, grade level, email, phone number… and one or two sentences about why this opportunity excites you.
Learn more about the Green-Duwamish Watershed Symposium
Learn more about Sustainability Ambassadors