- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- 90 – 120 credits towards your General Education requirements by Autumn 2022
- Completion of the following:
Please fill out all sections of the questionnaire to the best of your abilities. The prompts ask for basic student information, detail of academic credit from other institutions, how you found out about CEP, and list of courses counting towards your General Education Requirements.
Your academic resume may include relevant academic and employment experiences; extracurricular activities; travel experiences; and awards, honors, or professional affiliations. Please tailor to CEP as you would for a job.
Please provide your unofficial transcript(s) for all of your college work. These can be downloaded from MyUW for UW students, or the equivalent at your previous academic institution.
Your personal statement should be exactly that — personal. It is an opportunity to share your passions, educational experiences, plans, visions, and anything else you would like to be considered as part of your application. There are no right or wrong answers. Be creative and use your own voice to express yourself. Write about what you want us to know, not what you think the Admissions Committee wants to hear. The Admissions Committee will use your personal statement as part of a holistic review to determine if you will excel in the CEP program.
In your personal statement, please use the following questions as a guide:
• Introduce yourself! What are your interests and motivations?
• Why is CEP the right major for you?
• What experiences and skills have you gained to prepare you for the CEP major?
• How will you contribute to the CEP community?
• What are your current educational and professional goals?
• How will CEP help you reach your goals?
900-1200 words; 12 pt. font, double-spaced, one-inch margins. For writing help visit: https://depts.washington.edu/owrc/resources/strategies-for-writing/
As a part of our holistic review process, all applicants to the CEP major will have a 20-minute virtual interview on Zoom with 2-3 current students. The dual purpose of this interview is for us to learn more about you, and for you to learn more about the CEP major. A current student will send you an email to schedule your interview after the February 15th priority admissions date.
• What are you most passionate about and how have you pursued that passion?
• How do you see justice, equity, diversity, and/or inclusion as a part of your educational goals and future aspirations?
• What does community mean to you and what role does it play in your life?
• What can you contribute to the CEP community?
Relationships & Communication
• When working in a group, what is your greatest strength and what is something you could improve upon?
• Please share a time you solved a problem or resolved a conflict.
Motivation & Initiative
• What drew you to the CEP major?
• How will you utilize the self-driven nature of CEP to reach your educational goals?
• What is at least one thing you want to share with us that you haven’t had the chance to yet, or want to emphasize?
• What questions do you have for us?