Job Opening and Description
MAKERS architecture and urban design, LLP is an award-winning planning and urban design
firm providing services to clients throughout the Pacific Northwest and the United States. Since
1972, MAKERS has built a reputation for plans that facilitate smart decision making by federal,
state, and local governments. MAKERS uses a strategic approach aimed at the fundamental
community, economic, functional, and design challenges inherent in each project. We enjoy
structuring effective implementation strategies that help our clients achieve their objectives.
MAKERS is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and Disadvantaged Business
We are currently seeking team members to support our facility planning projects with the US
Navy and Marine Corps, including facility audits and assessments. These audits require team
members to document utilization, identify deficiencies, and collect and compile a variety of
data elements related to each facility. The successful candidate MUST be organized,
resourceful, and detail oriented. This is a contract position through September 2017 with
potential to become a full time position based on future workload and job performance.
Job responsibilities include:
• Updating facility floor plans to illustrate utilization
• Filling in checklists based on findings from field investigations
• Compiling multiple 1-5 page documents into a single pdf
• Using historic aerial imagery to determine when facilities were constructed
• Reviewing government facility records to determine when facilities were constructed
and how much the government paid
• Must work well with teams in a fast paced environment.
• Moderate proficiency in MS Office and in particular Excel. Basic experience with
Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCAD is desirable.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Brent Huizingh at firstname.lastname@example.org. No
phone calls please.