The Carlson Leadership & Public Service Center is pleased to invite students to apply for the 2019 Jackson Munro Public Service Fellowship. Applications are due on May 19 @ 11:59 pm and may be emailed to Rachel Vaughn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jackson Munro Public Service Fellowship
The Jackson Munro Public Service Fellowship encourages a life-long commitment to public service by providing outstanding undergraduates the opportunity to deepen their commitment to service and leadership in the context of community.
Jackson Munro Public Service Fellows are selected based on the strength of a public service project proposed in collaboration with a public sector (non-profit or governmental) organization.
Selection of Jackson Munro Public Service Fellows
Jackson Munro Public Service Fellows serve in the summer, building on experiences and partnerships they have forged in the previous academic year. Students are funded to engage in a public service project between July 1-September 15.
Jackson Munro Public Service Fellows are selected for a summer intensive experience based on three primary factors:
- An established partnership with a non-profit or public sector organization
- A collaboratively thought out plan for a summer intensive project that will benefit the partnering organization while increasing student skills and learning
- An articulation of how the work of the Fellow will contribute to their development as a public servant and leader
Made possible through the support of the Henry M. Jackson Foundation, the Fellowship is named for late Senator Henry M. “Scoop” Jackson and S. Sterling Munro, Jr., the former top aide to Senator Jackson and Administrator of the Bonneville Power Administration.
- Applications for the Jackson Munro Public Service Fellowship are due on Sunday, May 19 at 11:59 pm
- Interviews for the Fellowship will be held on June 7, 2019.
- Projects should occur between July 1 and September 15, 2019. Generally, students are expected to serve, on average, 10 hours per week during this time period OR a total of 110 hours.