TITLE: Living Community Challenge and Just Summer Intern
REPORTS TO: LCC and Just Managers
HOURS: 40 hours/week, May through August
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
COMPENSATION: $15 per hour
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI), a dynamic and fast growing non-profit, seeks an exceptional LCC and Just Summer Intern to support its programs. ILFI’s mission is to lead and support the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. The successful candidate must exhibit a strong passion for the environment and the organization’s mission as a whole.
The Living Community Challenge is a framework for master planning, design, and construction. It is a tool to create a symbiotic relationship between people and all aspects of the built environment. The Just program is a voluntary disclosure tool for organizations to disclose their operations, including how they treat their employees and where they make financial and community investments.
Compensation is paid hourly.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Just Program (50%):
- Research, analysis and metric development for expansion of the Just Program
- Identify opportunities for program acceptance & recognition across multiple sectors/industries
- Develop a standard framework for reporting case studies
- Identify major branding and marketing communications opportunities
Living Community Challenge Program (50%):
- Develop and revise case studies for the Living Community Challenge Program
- Assist with community scaled research
- Assist with database management and clean up
- Currently a student in a related Master’s program
- Commitment to ILFI’s mission, the green building movement, and sustainability, specifically with a passion for social justice and the application of Living Building principles at the community level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong power point skills and familiarity with Adobe Suite.
- Experience with a CRM system, ideally Salesforce.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders representing different organizations, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Knowledge of green building design, construction strategies, technologies and materials and the ability to articulate the environmental, health, and economic benefits of green building.
- Experience in a non-profit setting.
- Familiarity with ILFI’s core programs (Living Building Challenge, Living Community Challenge, Living Product Challenge, Net Zero Energy, Declare, JUST).
- Graphic design skills
- Mac OS familiarity.
THE INTERNATIONAL LIVING FUTURE INSTITUTE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, cultural rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – LCC + Just Intern”
We will begin reviewing applications on April 3, 2017.