What is This?
The International Parking Institute (IPI)
Parking Solutions Competition is a design and
development parking challenge for college students actively enrolled in an undergraduate institution or actively pursuing a graduate degree.
Design the garage of the future with a 10- to 20-year outlook— address the form and function of the garage itself to craft more viable mobility solutions for the places we live, work, and play.
- Form: planning, design, aesthetics, sustainability, adaptability, materials.
- Functionality: mobility, flow, configuration, security, connectivity.
- Cost: How do you value a parking space?
- Relationships: smart city, connected cars, people, transit, IoT.
University students actively enrolled in an undergraduate institution or actively pursuing
a graduate degree that are 18 years of age or older as of May 18, 2018.
In June 2018, the competition will sponsor one member of each finalist team to travel to the
2018 IPI Conference & Expo in Orlando, Fla., to meet international experts and present their innovative idea at the Parking Solutions Competition, which will be recorded and shared widely on social media.
- Roundtrip airfare and a two-night hotel stay in Orlando for one person/team member (arrangements to be made by IPI). Additional participants may attend at their own expense.
- Free Conference registration valued at $1,299 for one person/team member.
- One complimentary year of student membership in IPI, the world’s leading and largest association for parking professionals.
Grand Prize Winner:
$500 and an article exposing their innovation in The Parking Professional
, IPI’s award-winning monthly magazine, showcasing your parking solution, a writeup on parking.org
, and more.
To enter the competition click HERE!