November 15, 6:00-7:30pm // HUB North Ballroom // Free!
Each year, UW Honors freshmen select a complex issue, and our community tackles their biggest questions, together. The event joins speakers from (seemingly) unconnected disciplines to closely examine a problem that appears insurmountable to our students. You are invited into challenging conversations where differences are not only respected, but valued and absorbed into evolving perspectives.
Responding to student fears surrounding civic discord, an engineer, a civic leader, and a historian will lead a community discussion on:
- This moment in the broader context of current and historical global trends.
- The complicated, constantly evolving role of technology in how people learn and connect.
- Why journalists, artists and educators hold society and each other accountable.
- How artistic practice builds tolerance for risking discomfort and embracing uncertainty.
- What our audience wonders about most: drawn from questions you offer when you RSVP.