Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates is seeking a highly organized, independent, and motivated junior transportation planner (Associate I) for its Austin office to primarily support the firm’s nationally recognized practice in transit and multimodal planning for livable communities. A strong interest and some background in developing the transportation plans for public entities is a must.
Please see the description below.
More about the position:
Nelson\Nygaard develops sustainable transportation solutions for people. Our work emphasizes creative, innovative transportation planning, and community involvement, often within a wider set of goals such as economic development and reduced dependence on the private automobile. Nelson\Nygaard offers a dynamic and self-directed work environment that is fast-paced, congenial, and supportive. This is your opportunity to work with one of the most innovative groups of planners and engineers in the United States, including highly talented junior and support staff. Our office culture is built upon diversity and creativity.
Junior Associate responsibilities primarily focus on planning for municipalities, agencies, universities, and private clients and include research, data collection, spreadsheet analysis, mapping, writing and editing reports, development of outreach materials, and potentially some minor business development tasks. Candidates must be willing to travel and must have a valid driver’s license.
Qualifications and Requirements
The ideal candidate would be someone who:
- holds a master’s degree in planning or equivalent degree with a specialization in transportation planning and 0-2 years of relevant experience or
- has a bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1-3 years of experience in transportation planning. Other relevant degrees include transportation engineering, transportation operations, urban/city/regional planning, urban design, and landscape architecture.
- understands how to translate technical information into graphics for client and public consumption
- Above all, we are looking for someone who has a passion for sustainable transportation planning, is a strong communicator (oral, written, and visual), has great analytical skills, and is interested in making communities better for our clients and their constituents.
Potential candidates must demonstrate:
Excellent skills in writing, data analysis, oral presentation, and problem solving
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Additional experience with graphics (Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp), modeling (Synchro, TransCAD), or database analysis will be considered favorable
Salary and Benefits
The annual salary range equivalent for this position is industry competitive, depending on qualifications and years of experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, pre-tax transit or bicycling benefit, a 401k program, life insurance and paid time off.
Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity affirmative action employer. To apply, please visit https://nelsonnygaard.com/careers/.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples (no larger than 4MB). No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.