Beacon Arts, a non-profit organization promoting arts access and opportunity on Beacon Hill, is looking for an intern interested in hands-on experience in the public relations field. The intern who fills this position will gain experience necessary at any non-profit organization. This position will start with primarily information distribution, but the right candidate could grow into composing and designing outreach materials. Expected time investment would be around five hours per week.
– Update distribution lists
– Present strategies to expand our reach
– Assist with print production and coordinate print distribution
– Distribute calls for artists, event announcements, press releases, etc across multiple channels
– Coordinate outreach efforts for multiple projects and events
– Work with web designer to do routine updates
Students applying for this internship should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Non-profit Management. Applicants should have strong writing skills, a solid understanding of social media and online marketing, and good strategizing and coordination skills. Proficiency with MailChimp, Wix and graphic design a plus.
Send letters of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org